This recipe will make approximately 30 ounces of hummus.
At the Albertson’s in Boise a 10 ounce container of hummus goes for $4.99.
I made this for between $2.00 and $2.50 and it is 3 times the amount.
The ingredients are really simple and cheap.
- (2) 15 oz cans of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Any other seasoning you like. I added chili powder and a garlic and herb seasoning.
- Drain the cans of beans but save the juice.
- Place the drained beans in a food processor.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil and seasoning.
- Begin to blend and add the juice from the can slowly until you get the consistency you want.
Here is the finished product.